Tube Hydroforming Companies In Mexico
Mexico is home to many manufacturers with tube hydroforming capabilities, and some meet your product’s requirements better than others. Are you looking to contract with a tube hydroforming company? Do you need bellow tubes that are flexible, thin walled yet strong, and able transport fluid or gas? You’ll get a lot of value with the right partner in Mexico. This post provides an overview of why using a tube hydroforming manufacturer in Mexico is beneficial.
Why Nearshoring Or Offshoring To Mexico Makes Sense
Did you know that Mexico is the manufacturing country of choice for hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies? It’s no surprise. Mexico is an ideal manufacturing location for US and Canadian auto parts distributors for many reasons:
1. Proximity To The US And Canada
Mexico is in the same continent as the US and Canada. This is very beneficial in a few different ways:
- Short supply chain: The shorter the supply chain, the better. You’ll save money on shipping costs, and you’ll get your shipments faster. There are also fewer supply chain interruptions.
- Small volumes: Mexico is connected by land, so manufacturers can ship by truck. This allows you to make smaller orders. If you contract with an overseas company, you’ll be stuck paying for full containers every time.
- Immunity to rising ocean shipping costs: Ocean shipping costs are going up every year. Since Mexico is nearby, you don’t have to worry about paying for ocean shipping.
- Easy factory visits: Visiting a Mexican company is much easier than visiting an overseas company. One, it’s cheaper. Two, it’s faster. You won’t be on a plane for more than 2 or 3 hours. This means no jet lag and you’ll have more productivity compared to flying across the world.
2. Skilled Labor
Here’s a fun fact. Mexico produces more construction, manufacturing, and engineering degrees per capita than many other countries. That includes the US. If you partner with the right company, you’ll get a highly skilled labor pool working on your parts.
Even better, Mexico also has some of the lowest labor costs in the world. So you would be having highly skilled employees make your parts at a low cost.
3. Great Intellectual Property Laws
In many east Asian countries, intellectual property theft is a huge problem. You don’t have to worry about this problem if you partner with a tube hydroforming company in Mexico. This is because the intellectual property laws in Mexico are quite similar to those in the US and Canada. Mexico designed those laws to protect foreign businesses. You’ll actually have legal recourse if your intellectual property is stolen. Most likely, your intellectual property will be safe with the right Mexican company.
How To Do Your Due Diligence When Finding A Quality Tube Hydroforming Company In Mexico
Mexico is a great place to nearshore your manufacturing. Yet, not all Mexican tube hydroforming companies are the same. Contracting with a company is like entering a long term relationship with them. That’s why it’s always worth taking some time to research companies to find the best one to work with. Here’s a guide on finding a quality tube hydroforming company in Mexico. To sum it up, here are all the things you should evaluate in each company:
- Experience with tube hydroforming
- Type of hydroforming equipment
- Type of end-product you need: tubes with bellows or without
- Continuing investment in their facilities
- Continuing investment in their own employees
- Partnerships with other companies
- Quality certifications
- Environmental standards
- Labor standards
- Intellectual property standards
Adopting Mexican Customs
Once you contract with a Mexican tube hydroforming company, you’ll be working closely with them for a long time. That includes traveling to Mexico to meet with them. If you want to keep a great relationship with the company, learn their customs. Here’s a great guide on cultural tips and tricks of US execs doing business in Mexico.
Do you have any questions that weren’t addressed in this post? Please contact us. We’ll be happy to answer your questions related to tube hydroforming!